Pages

Sunday 19 March 2017

Week 3 Monochramatic Make Up


Monochrome photography is where the image produced has a single hue, rather than recording the colours of the objects that was originally photographed. It includes all forms of black and white photography, which produces images containing tones of grey ranging from black to white.

It includes all forms of black and white photography which produce image containing tones of grey ranging from black to white. Colours translate into black and white because they contrast to create depth of colour.


Monochromatic make up is created by using only ONE colour hue for example a red lip and a red eye or red lips with flaming red blush. Then taking a photo and converting it to black and white (known as Mono on IPhone settings), This will create depth as I explained above.
Monochromatic make up is very pleasing to the eye if you stay within a shade or two of the tint /the same undertone (either lighter and darker). The technique applies to any colour on the colour wheel and forms a great base for a lengthening lash or delicate liner. (Monochromatic Makeup, 2017)
Today in session we were given a practical task and this was to create a makeup look based around one colour of our choice. I chose the colour pink because it is a pale colour and I was interested in experimenting with the pigment within black and white photography. The colour pink I chose is matt and has no shimmer as I didn’t want the camera to capture any glistening. I will be making a double statement when creating my look as I will transfer the same colour from the eye onto the lip.
Products used:
-          Lips: Bobbi Brown Pro lip pallet shade Jenna
-          Skin: Bobbi brown pro face pallet shade Natural
-          Eyes: Urban decay Full spectrum shade Gossip and seize
-          Eyebrows: Urban decay shade gossip
-          Lashes: Sheer cover lengthening mascara, black
-          Cheek bone: Chanel bronzing powder
Today I created a beauty look using monochromatic colour schemes and Overall I am happy with my final image as I am beginning to see improvement in my work. I feel my skills are developing and I am getting more confident stepping outside of my colour comfort zone. I decided to use the shade Gossip in the crease to provided depth and complimented the pink mobile lid (shade seize). To improve on my eye makeup application, I need to work on my symmetry and blending skills to ensure everything is even and there are no harsh lines. Next time when contouring to improve I will ensure I load my brush with more product so I can apply a heavier coverage of makeup and I will use a clean powder brush to blend the edges (As you can see from the left black and white image the contour is virtually non-existent which makes my final image look unfinished). My lip liner could have been sharper and more precise therefore I will encounter myself using the 3-minute lip challenge as I find this a weak area of mine that I want to constantly reflect on and perfect! If I was to recreate this look again I would be mindful of the fallout from the eye shadows I used because It casted an unwanted shadow, I could have easily avoided this by cleaning up the under-eye area before applying my foundation base.


Information resources:

https://blackboard.salford.ac.uk/bbcswebdav/pid-2440002-dt-content-rid-4909008_1/courses/VA-W452-10012-35724-17/Monochromatic%20makeup.pdf

 Monochromatic Makeup, T. (2017). The Rules of Monochromatic Makeup. [online] Beautylish. Available at: https://www.beautylish.com/a/vcarn/the-rules-of-monochromatic-makeup [Accessed 5 May 2017].


No comments:

Post a Comment